Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility 2016/2017
Call for Applications
The Law School of San Francisco de Quito University (USFQ)
invites applications for the Spring semester of the academic year 2016/2017
Starting this academic year, students from the Law School at San Francisco de Quito University have the possibility to visit Hungary and spend a semester in one of the most prestigious law schools of the country! In the framework of the Erasmus+ “International Credit Mobility” Program you could enjoy all the benefits of studying in an European law school, while your expenses are totally paid by the Program!
I. General Information
· In order to apply for the program, you have to have an active student status in the Law School, and be registered for the given semester.
· Erasmus + Program grants you financial support for your travel expenses and for the living expenses, according to the following:
Area of studies
Number of Students
Period of time
Pázmány Péter Catholic University
750 € / month
1.100 € / student
- Erasmus+ encourages the participation of students and staff with special needs. If you have a special (physical, mental or health-related) situation that would prevent you from participating in the mobility activity, extra financial support can be made available from the National Agency (in Hungary).
II. Who is eligible?
Full-time, active students in the Law School at San Francisco de Quito University (in the semester of the scholarship).
You need to have completed at least 4 consecutive semesters at USFQ at the time of application.
You need to have at least a B2 level of English
You have to be either a citizen of Ecuador or a valid visa holder in Ecuador. You are not eligible if you are a Hungarian citizen or you have a permanent residence in Hungary.
III. What do you need to apply?
- Visit the Office of International Programs at USFQ for advice and information (Casa Tomate, 105) and then complete the online application on our website.
- write essay in English (not more than 1 page), that tells us about your motivations, plans and interests in studying at PPCU in Hungary.
Please, make sure that you include the following important information in your cover letter:
ü What are your aims as a student to participate in the Program?
ü Why are you specifically interested in going and studying in Hungary, and what do you expect from the Program?
ü What do you think are the advantages of spending a semester in Hungary from the point of view of your future career and professional goals?
- Official USFQ´s kardex/transcript (you can obtain it in Registro)
- proof of your English language skills (min. B2);
- if you are not from Ecuador, the proof of your valid visa;
- others (in print to the Office of International Programs):
ü all the documents that confirm your merits as a student, activities in a community or any other activity that you consider important in the evaluation.
IV. The evaluation
Our goal is to select those 2 students who are talented and skillful, and able to gain the most from the studies at the Law School of Pázmány Péter Catholic University (PPCU).
The evaluation of the applications is based on the instructions of the Erasmus+ Program, which was founded by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Commission.
“The selection of participants, as well as the procedure for awarding them a grant, must be fair, transparent and documented and should be made available to all parties involved in the selection process.”
On the basis of these requirements, we take into consideration the following factors:
- academic records (GPA)
- language skills
- essay and application form
- good scientific and other academic results
- participation in international legal competitions, moot court competitions, conferences
- participation in the community life of the university
- legal courses completed in English
- if you have not yet had the possibility to participate in an international program
V. Important notes:
- The deadline for the application is: September 15, 2016
- We accept only those applications that are complete, arrive in time and are in line with every formal and substantial requirement, stressed out here.
- The decision is going to be made by the Office of International Programs, in line with the requirements of the EACEA.
- All application materials have to be submitted to the Office of International Programs via the online application by the deadline.
- The students, who win the scholarship of the Program, have the duty to complete 3 courses at PPCU during the semester. If he or she fails to comply, the scholarship has to be paid back partially or completely.
- We will inform you about the results in e-mail by November 8!
- More information about the Program and the courses offered by PPCU can be found on the webpage of PPCU.
PPCU courses: https://jak.ppke.hu/kszki/en/erasmus/erasmus-courses
Study in Hungary: http://www.studyinhungary.hu
Study in Europe: http://ec.europa.eu/education/study-in-europe/
Erasmus+ Program FAQ: http://ec.europa.eu/education/opportunities/higher-education/doc/students-questions-answers_en.pdf
- For more information, you can write to Johanna Fröhlich (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com!
We wish you a successful application!